Las Vegas Slot Machines
In the 1980's slots machines exceeded table games such as craps and blackjack as the most widespread casino game played in Vegas. Slots and video poker now calculate for more than 70% of the casino's profits. Why the sudden rush in popularity? Simple… it is because of the bigger progressive jackpots that they offer players. Slot machines offer jackpots in the millions and that is what every gambler wants... money and loads of it.
Slots provide you with the ability to win a lot of cash for a small bet. If you place $5 on a blackjack table the most you can win is $7.50. But wagering $3 in a slot machine could get you thousands or millions. That is why I play slot machines in Las Vegas… they are quick and give great payouts. Also you might get to see the waitress more regularly by the slots, so that means more free drinks!
It is not that simple to find out the payout rates on Las Vegas slot machines, because most casinos don't like giving out this information. There are certain exceptions at Fitzgeralds, Stratosphere, and Riviera in Las Vegas, which promote a 98% payback on certain slots that they have. So my big tip for you is to play at casinos that offer great payout rates in slots.
So what slot games can you play in Vegas, besides the progressive jackpots? Well you have the traditional 1-armed-bandits which are the 3 reel slots. Usually they have fruit symbols with 7’s and bars. Other slots include the bonus slots or video slots that have 5 reels and multiple lines of winning. You get special prizes with them like free spins and bonus games that increase your winnings.
You need to have strategies for when you play a slot machine and for managing your money. Here are some guides for your Vegas casino games slot strategy:
- Make a decision before you play on a "loss number". If you don’t win in let’s say 10 spins then move onto the next slot machine.
- Your bankroll is important, it’s very important. Work out how much you are willing to spend in a game session, like between lunch and dinner. Play with your winnings and never go over your bankroll budget for each session.
Here are some slot machine tips for new players.
- If you don’t play the jackpots then play the 3-reel slot machines with only one pay line because they offer the best payout percentages.
- Higher denomination slots do have higher payback percentages, so in other words, you will do better playing a single coin in a dollar slot machine than three coins in a quarter machine.
- In progressive jackpots always bet the maximum otherwise if you hit the jackpot you won’t get the full payout.
- Lengthen your game play by pulling the handle instead of the Spin button.
One final thing about Las Vegas slots that you should know… Non-Indian casinos need to file their slot return reports to the Government, since this is general information for the public. Unfortunately, this is not good for you for a number of reasons.
- While you can view the returns of such casinos like Tropicana and Showboat in Atlantic City, the Nevada returns combine all the casinos in an area together.
- The returns noted are actual returns for each month, and an unusual number of jackpots (or lack of jackpots) can distort the results.
- Video poker machines are merged in with the slots, so you cannot view how much is from slots games and how much is from video poker games.